Bit of an overdue “year in review” - but better late than never.
2023 was a very weird year.
- On the back of “Trussonomics”, I spent a lot of time naviagating choppy waters with my property portfolio - we got to a stable place, but it was stressful
- I did my first ever (brief) stint on payroll with a startup, and learned a lot along the way
- Coming out of that, I jumped straight into developing the world’s first integration with the Sphere for u2
- I launched Decimal - a binaural beats player that now boasts an average user session time of 46 minutes
- Developed a bunch of tools for Project XI - leaning heavily into generative AI and discovering totally unexpected capabilities
- We spun the first of those out as PlanAtom
- I managed to sneak a really fun PoC with my friends at MusicAlly in before the end of the year - using RAG techniques to deliver a generative chat experience based on their 20+ years of content
- I really let my fitness drop in the last quarter. I do a lot of walking and that keeps a certain baseline, but fell very short on strength training, and did next to no fighting
- Getting back to my happy level of fitness; lot’s of HIIT, fighting, climbing and hiking
- I want to really up my Jujitsu/grappling skills this year
- Building work on our house should be finished next month - and I look forward to home not being a building site for the first time
- I want to formalise my consultancy offering; I love working with startups in that capacity, specifically the constant exposure to new projects that it brings - I need to get my messaging down and do more concentrated prospecting
- At the same time, I want to start to shift the majority of my income away from project work and towards license revenue; my main skill to hone this year is growth and marketing - I can build, now I need to sell